Note: After a few years of a handful of “no shows” by our Military couples, leaving us (and other professional volunteers) hanging without as much as a phone call or text that they will not be participating….
- We will now send an additional TEXT message the morning of your celebration asking you to confirm your participation. Failure to confirm will result in CANCELLATION.
Here are the simple terms and conditions followed by some Q&A’s:
PLEASE NOTE: Just like the Military, there are rules and regulations that MUST be followed.
- FULL-TIME active duty Military Only. (Guard/Reserve/Veterans not eligible)
- No Vow Renewals or celebrations. (Must have valid marriage license)
- Services at the two locations offered.
- Non-Holiday Mondays ONLY.
- provide you with a FREE romantic (and spiritual if desired) elopement ceremony on the date, time and location agreed upon.
- provide photography services of your ceremony and provide to you the images of your ceremony for your personal use. In addition, we will try to secure additional vendor services (i.e. videography, floral, musicians) and will notify you by TEXT the morning of your ceremony if services are being offered by our volunteers.
- attempt to provide you with 24 hour notice in the event we have to cancel your ceremony.
- arrive 15 minutes prior to your ceremony start time.
- have a valid California Marriage license (Public or Confidential).
- a valid full time active military ID card.
- only bring 4 additional guests/witnesses and understand that if you have guests running late, your ceremony will not be delayed and will begin without them.
- only bring 4 additional guests/witnesses and understand that if you bring more than 4 guests/witnesses they will be ask to stay behind.
- agree that if you are late to your appointment… it will be CANCELLED!
- agree that if you arrive with more than 4 witnesses… they will be asked to stay behind!
- arrive fully dressed and ready for your ceremony.
- follow all of the instructions regarding parking and use of elopement venue in your confirmation email.
- understand that if your event is cancelled (illness, weather, etc.) by Vows From The Heart, you will re-book your ceremony for another available Monday in the future or find alternative ceremony services.
- be patient… understanding that Photography and/or Videography can take up to 6 weeks to be processed.
- be patient… understanding that everyone is volunteering their time, talent and products.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Can you give any advice that will help? Our best piece of advice is; This is an elopement and throw away any of the formalities of a wedding. There is nothing to plan other than having your valid marriage license, Military ID and NOT being late. Really, it’s that easy.
Is this service really free? Yes, except the cost of your marriage license with the County Clerk. We and our group of dedicated Military Mondays Heroes (volunteers) offer our services FREE of charge for our active Military as a philanthropic outreach of Vows From The Heart and Elope to San Diego™.
Can we have chairs and an altar? No
Do I have to get my license in California? Yes! Do not bring a license from another State. You may obtain a Marriage License (Public or Confidential) from any County in the State and bring it with you. Your license is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.
May I have my family and friends at the elopement? You are limited to a MAXIMUM of 4 witnesses. No Exceptions!
What if we want more people to attend? You would not be eligible for our Military Mondays ceremony. We do however offer elopement services (Tuesday-Sunday) with our Elope to San Diego™ service with up to 17 witnesses at various locations in San Diego and offer a Military Discount.
Do I get to choose the location? Our Military Mondays elopement ceremonies are performed downtown at the Bali Hai Restaurant on Shelter Island and North County coastal at the Oceanside Marina Suites. You may request one of these locations but, depending on other bookings already made, we will only serve at one location per Monday.
Are you available for a rehearsal? This is an elopement and there is no rehearsal as there is nothing to rehearse.
Can we review or write our own ceremony? No, not the ceremony itself but we do offer our couples the opportunity to speak their own vows during the ceremony if desired.
Do we have to use your vendor for photography? YES. You are not allowed to hire or bring your own professional photography, or any wedding vendor for that matter…
All ceremony images will be delivered to you, copyright free with a release for you to print for personal use at any printing facility.
Do we have to sign a model release for Photography? In a way, Yes. By accepting our Military Mondays elopement services you agree to the following: All images are for your personal use and may not be used for commercial purposes. All images WILL be used by Vows From The Heart Ministries, it’s additional wedding services and it’s agents and the photographer(s) for promotional and marketing purposes without compensation. Images WILL be used for marketing and promotional purposes on Social Media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc..
What if we have to cancel the date and time? Please be kind and give us as much notice as possible so we can can cancel additional services before travel takes place.
What if it rains? We have a rain cancellation policy and will try to give you 24 hours notice if the forecast is for showers. If we cancel, you then have the option to re-book our services for another available Monday in the future or continuing with plans of getting married by the County Clerk.
Can we include our children? Yes, of course and it brings such a wonderful element to your ceremony. Reading and acts of celebration can be added, at NO additional charge to help them share in the magic of your day! NOTE: Children count as your 4 guests.
We highly recommend you print/PDF these conditions to review.